Who We Are
Built for Living is a team of experienced trades and employees lead by fifth generation local resident Rod & wife Kathy Grace. We place high value on quality building standards, smart technology and energy efficient design that benefits the end user.
What We Do
We provide a custom home building service including additions & alterations and major renovations. This process starts from our complete design and construct service, including all council approvals, or we can build to your council approved plans.
Projects typically include combinations of new living spaces, kitchens and bathrooms, bedrooms, decks and verandah’s. We build outwards, upwards or do internal re-configurations.
How Long We’ve Been Doing It
The dream to build started as a young 5 year old. Rod’s official trade training started in the late 80’s working for builders, carpenters and other trades while studying at TAFE. First qualified as a Carpenter & Joiner in 1992 Rod continued building and TAFE to complete his builders qualifications (Advanced Building Supervision) obtaining a full builder’s licence in 1996 along with several awards.
Various building projects have been completed over the years (see portfolio).
Who We Do It For
If you value the building process, are seeking skilled resources or simply looking for a builder to project manage your job, then Built for Living might be exactly who you’re looking for.
There are many planning tasks required in a building project. There are challenges to conquer and a range of trade and specialist skills to carry out the work. The Built for Living team bring these skills while our builder stays focused on coordinating trades and supervising quality control. Choosing us to manage your project leaves you free to stay focused on your own career or family. This allows your job to progress more efficiently to completion.
- Competitive market rates
- 24/7 global access to your jobs progress and budget spend during construction
- Notifications in advance when you need to make selections
- Respect of your privacy and that of your neighbour’s
- We manage your site as we go so your home doesn’t end up looking like a rubbish tip
- Your home is kept safe and secure from the elements
- Our established trades-people and professionals are flexible enough to accommodate the typical job challenges to help keep your project true
- You have dedicated ‘Building Support Manager’, providing a liaison between you, the Builder and relevant contacts to ensure open and clear communication
- A dedication to excellence. Rod’s formal training brings respect for industry standards, he can talk the language, quickly identify skill levels while maintaining qualified trades and practices
- Attention to detail and a drive to master the challenges, Rod will ensure your project is built efficiently, to high standards and is built to last
Our Location & Hours
We are located in Peakhurst, the south side of Sydney
The areas we service include Peakhurst, Penshurst, Oatley, Hurstville, Padstow, Revesby and surrounding suburbs.
Contact us 7:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday